Monday, October 20, 2008

1st Letter from MTC Brazil

This handwritten letter arrived just a few days ago. The photos are from the CTM where Bryan is training. You can send him e-mails at sbryanbriggs@myldsmail.net he can only write emails to his family, but still appreciates any correspondance. Or for a quick hello, click on comments below and say hi, he can check the blog on his p-day.


Miha Famila, Ola! Chego en Centro de Treinamento Missionario Hoje. It has been a very long couple of days, but it is totally worth it. The MTC is to prison as the CTM is to a 5 star resort. I can not believe how much nicer and prettier the complex is. Plus everybody is way friendlier, way less agressive. Plus, on P-day I actually get to go out into the streets! Enter real shops, see real people, eat in real restuarants. Plus the food here at the CTM is amazing. This place is just light years ahead of Provo...The Presidency here is wonderful, they describe themselves as six new grandparents, and they really are....the actually make a real effort to know us all by name! In fact, they even remembered Jonathan when I asked one of them about him. I am really super excited about all of this now. I Provo it was tough to feel the spirit because there was no real connection with the leadership...I feel as if I can really start feeling good about myself and the work. Brazilian portuguese is such a cool language and I can't wait to be able to put it to use! Eu amo voces! I miss everyone a ton....It is time to get to work! In no time I will be able to speak portuguese like a native! Tchau!

1 comment:

Kelsey Jean said...

Boo Boy!!! I love you! haha i love what you're saying about the CTM in Brazil! I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself! Now everytime I see a missionary I think about you doing the same thing! It's really fun explaining to my non member friends what it is that you're doing. I'm so happy that you're doing this! You'll have one good looking wife! Love you :D