Sunday, April 25, 2010

Divine Cheeseburgers.








Pics. My Ballin new Watch & My Jaka (Big Brazilian Fruit) and my neat sticker (thank you Elder Spencer from the Minneapolis Mission)



Things are just peachy living next to the Temple. I love it! Every day I walk past the temple and it is just beautiful, even cooler is when it is lit up at night. I've tried taking pictures but I don't think I have steady enough hands for the night setting. It's super awesome. Anyway, things are at a different pace here. It is super cool seeing on the mission level and getting to know all the missionaries here better. We changed and gave a new district leader training last week (which Elder Schoen took part of...I'm such a proud Dad!) It went pretty well. After that, we went out to Sorocaba to do some divisions. It was cool. I was able to see some old stomping grounds and get to know some people better.



The coolest story from the interior division was in Barcelona. At the end of the day we had to make the most important decision of all...pizza or hamburgers. After a couple of minutes of indecision, we felt the urge in our bellies (all four of us are american) to eat a good bacon cheeseburger. When we got there, a woman randomly asked me what country we were from. I replied the States and then I started to talk about who we are, what we do, etc. It turns out that her husband, who was also there, is a member and has been inactive for twenty years. Also even cooler, they said they weren't even planning on coming to gt burgers, but that they felt the need and have been talking a lot lately about going to church. God works in mysterious ways...who'd a thunk...divine cheeseburgers. Anyway, they makred an appointment with the Elders and are excited to all get baptized and get the family sealed in the temple. YES.


The next day we went to a different part of Sorocaba and I was able to talk a little with the only other American that came to the mission with me, Elder Gratil from Mesa, AZ. It was fun, we reminisced a bit. It was actualy the very first time on the mission that we have been able to be in the same place at the same time. Only took 19 months right?


After we came back to Sao Paulo and yea! a normal weekend preparing our trainings for mission council. Long story short - it went super well and everyone is super excited about things. We talked a lot about consistency and inviting and taking care of your investigators. It was cool.



Bry...


PS...sorry for the delay in posting this week...the blog mom was traveling:)




No comments: