Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Birthday Week

(No pic's yet, hope they come through soon) I can't believe it, next pday i will officially have to use a 2 in the beginning of my age!!!! What is this?!?! I already have some people calling me grandpa and stufff, but i guess i had that coming cuz i already made fun of them for being 20 years old haha...i did use the words grandma, extremely old, and toothless, well, not toothless, but that would have been funny. Thanks for getting me claire´s address! I will write her and others pretty soon. Gosh, things are bad for me for letter writing recently. I was going to do some hardcore writing today, but today was transfer day.
ELDER MATOS WAS TRANSFERRED!! So i got to do the fun trip to Sao Paulo again to get my new comp, Elder Gouveia, but more about him later.
Here are some shout outs to AAA, got your letter, and thanks for the pic! I will write you next weekMiss Lytle, thanks for the letter, will also write you next week!Elder Spencer from Minnesota missionSarah, thanks for the awesome drawn berfday card! Was friggin sick! I will write you and Dale soon and will write to the iD Tech location at UW.Also, MAKELLE! Thanks cuz! Though sheesh, demorou né? Will write you soon. Keep pwning it up. Thanks YW for the card that you sent! Oh gosh, even more, how could i forget, thanks for the awesome birthday stuff papa jim! I loved the information about the country and everything!Was great! Hope you are doing well!
So, also, is there a Mrs. Ninninga from Portland, OR reading right now? I met your son, Elder Ninninga, at the transfers meeting today. Cool, he said that he was following the blog before the mission mom, and that he had been looking for me for a bit (he got to the field April 1ish). Anyways, Mrs. Ninninga, your son is doing great.
Ok, onnnnnnnnnn to the week. Well, things really werent that intense this week. We had a division, found some cool people. Oh yeah! I forgot, i finally got some good sickness! But dont worry, i am totally fine, you dont need to call the ambulance to come take care of me. But, needless to say, i got way sick saturday night and stayed pretty sick through the day sunday. Shout out to irma Rosangela for helping me get better! That was pretty fun.
Also, an Elder Rogers was touring the mission with his mom, as he is going home now. Wow, i got pretty trunky with that one. makes me think of when we will return after i get home in 2010! Woot!So, the other stuff that went on this week was that on monday, was transfers call day. The entire day you just stay worried about if you are going to stay or if you are going to go. So, story time. Elder Matos and I were walking to an appointment, and he was just like, im sorry dude, i cant concentrate, the call should be here in five minutes, we just gotta wait...so we waited, and we waited, and we waited. The call was over an hour and a half late! But dont worry, we went to a lesson and taught and had a good family home evening with some recem conversos. Was sweet.
But yeah, matos was NOT very happy to be transferred. Yesterday we spent the day going to different people so that he could give his farewell and everything. Always an interesting time. He only stayed here in Sao Roque for 3 months....we shall see how long i stay here now. He left to go turn into a Zone Leader in Barueri.
So, today, i got my new companion. His name is Elder Gouveia, from teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro. We are from the same group, aka, we got here on the mission at the same time. Interestingly enough, i am now a senior companion, whoa?!?! But it should be good. I think Elder Gouveia and I will be able to work some miracles here in Sao Roque. Will be great. Believe it or not, but he reminds me a little bit of Nathan Sansburn....go figure.

No comments: