Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sucrilhos


Photos: Owl in nearby countryside. (and)
Brazil version of Frosted Flakes.

(From Bryan's Email home)...I am so happy that you guys felt the spirit of (last weeks) story. It was one of the most spiritual experiences i have ever had.... I am just like dad, i never really believed it from other people on the stand or in classes or in general conference or anything...but the craziest thing about the whole experience for me when it happened was that i wasnt surprised at all. I just knew that if he had the faith then the miracle would happen. It is amazing how much my own testimony has grown.
I just got a letter from Elder Anderson, and am sending him one in return. I mailed it to his mission office, forgot that i could just send it to you guys...but he should receive it at his next zone conference. But yeah, i receive letters and packages on three occasions...transfers, interviews, and zone conference. They can be pretty sporadic, but it averages out to about once every two or three weeks. I will be receiving some stuff on friday, including a package from chuck and lolly! BTW, thanks Grandpa Chuck and Lolly! I cant wait to see what you sent! There is a letter on the way to your house right now.
Lol, the blog is great. (Please note that Mom is my blogmaster...she is sharing information from my letters home) i am receiving as many letters as anyone in the mission, it is work though, i am writing like five letters each week to people. Today i am sending some out to Lisa Campbell, Briana Layton, Elder Anderson, and Elder Fischer...
So, about the week, it was pretty normal. Elder Martins and I taught a ton. We are still going really strong with our guy that has a batism date marked for next saturday. He is awesome, has taught me a ton about faith and diligence. Plus, we planted some really good seeds this week. THere were some new people that we found that were awesome at first, but they were afraid to continue to move forward with us because of family or other influences. However, they received answers to their prayers, have already started to develop their own personal testimonies. I have a feeling that we will start teaching them again pretty soon.
Plus, the coolest thing this week, I was asked to give another talk in Sacrament meeting. I was scared out of my mind, haha. You know me and public speaking...but i am sooo much better at it now. You wouldnt even recognize me if I stood up in sacrament meeting at home to talk. But yeah, i talked about mish work (of course) and likened it to the story in 1 Nephi 8. Try reading it and think about i used to for a talk. But yeah, it went really well. I received a lot of help from heavenly father. After the talk, Elder Martins was looking at me wide eyed and was like...dude, your portuguese has never been that good, it was perfect! So yeah, that was a really cool experience.
The language is coming along pretty decently. There are still times when i get a little bit lost, but for the most part I am right in their with most things. It is amazing how much i have been able to learn in four short months.I know the church is true. I know the Christ is our Savior, and the Savior of all the world. With him, we can truly do anything, overcome any obstacle, overcome all our difficulties. I love the mission. It is truly a blessing to work so closely with the Lord, to see miracles in every day life. I know that my calling is true, and that this is exactly where i am supposed to be, doing exactly what I am doing. Elder B

No comments: