Thursday, January 8, 2009

Woot!




Hey! Woot! Still in Boituva with good ol Elder Martins. Im pretty happy about it, because we are really finally starting to get things rolling here. Gosh, I love our investigators...it just so firms up that the mission is the right thing, that the church is true. Nothing is better than helping people get in touch with our Heavenly Father, nothing. Past couple days we have had some cool things happen with our investigators, them talking to us about how they have been reading, and praying, and that they KNOW that what we are saying is true. We had two investigators at church on sunday, so that was awesome, and they are going to return to church this Sunday! Yee haw! Gosh, way cool stuff. Plus, I think we are going to be able to get another pair of our investigators to church, and who knows...maybe get some baptism dates marked soon!
I love this area, so happy that I get to stay here another six weeks. Speaking of six weeks, yikes. How did this happen? One transfer down out of sixteen in the field...already! I thought that the CTM time went fast...out here it is like one day out here is a whole week in the CTM..not sure how it works. Unfortunately, before I know it the mission is going to be over. Reminds me of something I was told before the mish, as soon as you feel that you are finally getting the hang of things..you are sent home haha.
But yeah, things are going pretty well overall. Elder Martins and I are in house for lunch a lot more this month...we had some members move out of our tiny branch so yeah, we can't be fed everyday haha. But, don't worry, I am pretty bomb at making spaghetti and grilled cheese sandwiches, if i do say so myself. Guess I need to work on that humility thing. Portuguese, still dont have it down 100%, but it is definitely coming. Some people I can have rolling conversations with, but then there are others where its just like..what? Repetir por favor, devegar.
But yeah, it is amazing how it is us kids that are out here doing the work. It is an amazing growing experience. We may come out kids, but sure enough we change out here. Its not like I am a different person, but at the same time it is. I am rock solid in the gospel, and in my faith. I know without any doubt that what I am bringing to the souls of many is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Like I have been saying, I am so grateful for the mission. Sometimes it seems like the hardest thing in the world, but every day is so worth it.
The opportunity to see miracles in your day to day life, to literally be manipulated by the hand of God, is not something that many people get. It is truly a blessing in my life. I am so happy that I am able to help you all at home.
Hopefully as I write here you guys can feel the spirit, and feel the complete love that I have for all you. I am so blessed to have you as my family, to be considered a Briggs. I miss you guys and I love you, hope you know that you are all always in my prayers.Oh, and your packages arrived...sort of. The district leader has them right now, I will receive them on monday, during our next district meeting. Plus I guess there are 8 letters. You don't need to send me updates from Jonathans blog, I am writing him....and hopefully I am going to be able to establish a communication line with Sean.
Glad the Florence kids were able to come up...give Jake a shout out for me.
oh yeah, news flash, being the weirdo i am, i have already read the entire missionary library haha...Jesus the Christ was a beast, but definitely way good. Scriptures...when you read the scriptures, try keeping a journal. Every time you find a verse you like, don't just highlight, but right it in your journal with your own personal interpretation of it and how you can fit it in your life. Thats how I am studying right now...and its wayyyy cool. I can"t wait to show you my study journal when I get home in 20 months

No comments: