Friday, November 21, 2008

Only One More Week at CTM



Photos (Elder Briggs & Elder Coleman) (Group Photo)
Mom asked Bryan what he wanted for Christmas and this is what he said...

... what I really need is just more letters and especially pictures. I love getting pictures from everybody, but yeah, thats the tough part because it is really an individual thing...but yeah, friends and family i need more pictures of you, Christmas Cards would be great too. Some music would be cool too. Not just the generic church stuff, but some actual cool music. Maybe some Groban or ask Jacot (Jazz Teacher) for some awesome gospel music recordings like Witness and Ezekial, etc.


I must admit I am a little bummed that I am missing the annual Briggs clan Thanksgiving celebration. I have been thinking about that a lot lately just like wow, i cant believe it is time for the celebration already. Gonna definitely miss seeing everybody, and I am just gonna miss the holiday itself! Definitely only an american holiday haha. Speaking of thanksgiving, and facebook, why dont you snag dale when he is home for thanksgiving to help you with the facebook stuff! Then you could also tell him that he needs to write his most loyal member of FOND. Forrrr sure.Congrats Kelsey on the (Most Friendly) Best List! on to the weekly stories and news. Went proselyting for the last time on Friday. We went pretty close to the first place, but not. We were in downtown Sao Paulo in some sort of shopping district. It was pretty cool. There were just people everywhere going around into shops and just walking and chilling and all of the above. Our district set a goal of getting 300 cards out in that hour and a half and we hit that and farrr surpassed it. Try 425 cards and 12 Book of Mormons on for size. It was awesome. I could talk to people, understand people, really feel the spirit as I bore my testimony and could see it in peoples eyes. Oh just awesome. The very coolest experiences are where you have more than 10 seconds with someone and can actually talk to them, and share the message of the Restoration and of Christ. Very very cool when you can see that light go on in their heads and you can feel the spirit and tell they are too.Rest of the weekend not much happened. On Tuesday we lost some members of the district early to their missions. Elders Funk and Coleman and Sister Young left for João Pessoa and Santa Maria. Just wierd transfer schedules and all that stuff. I will definitely miss them though. Elder Funk was the only other elder in the district that did not either live in or go to school in the Jello Belt (Arizona-Utah-Idaho). We were able to talk about football and basketball and other stuff. Just great. Plus we took an absolutely sick picture which I have attached to this email. I definitely think it deserves a pulitzer. Elder Coleman was the class clown and yeah, funny kid. First three ish weeks thought he was just plain strange, but once you get used to him you look forward to every minute you get to spend with him. I swear, funniest kid ever. Just does and says the funniest things at all times.I just can not believe I have less than a week left here in this SP CTM. Sooo freaking intense. Not quite sure how I feel about it. Part of me is raring to go and get out into the field and begin teaching, but another part is just like....ehhhhhh you sure youre ready there big guy? Right now in class we are doing the fourth lesson which is about things like Word of Wisdom, Tithing, Law of Chastity, etc. Gosh, those are definitely going to be interesting to teach. Hard enough in English! HA. But again, I am out here to do the Lords work, and he will prepare me if I show the faith and the diligence. There is a unique purpose for me here in SP North. I was called through inspiration because there is a niche that I can fill here that no one else can. I am His tool. He will guide and direct me.... Keep going strong. Helamen 5:12


Jason: Thanks for the news bud! Football is so depressing but I guess I am addicted and cant live without it. You are a stud btw. You know. Love ya man.Katrine: Gosh you are doing awesome with this writing stuff! I am so glad that the first letter got to you...was a little worried for a second. But yeah. Awesome. You are gonna have a wondeful time in London! So excited for you. Cant wait for the letters to show up.Bethanie: Loved the email but you need to include an address if I am going to write back! We need to talk about that wonderful Atonement, I am also just beginning to understand and appreciate it and have some stories for ya.Everyone else that is reading this blog.: Right now, find a picture that is of you and me, or just you, or of whatever, and send it to me with a letter. Doesnt matter what the letter says, I just want to hear from ya. Been gone a bit, want to keep in contact. You guys rock!FOND FTW

No comments: